Discover our region...
Ideally located between Tours, Poitiers and Bourges, La Challerie is nestled on the outskirts of the small town of Cléré-du-Bois, in the Indre department, of the Loire Valley region.
There are so many activities in the region and nature is truly amazing here. We have prepared a small list of just some of the things to do and see around here :
- The historic city of Loches, with its bi-weekly farmer’s market
- The Zoological Reserve of the Haute-Touche
- Visits to the many castles of the Loire Valley : Chambord, Chenonceau, Amboise, Cheverny, Azay-le-Ridau
- The Zoo of Beauval – it is listed as the 4th most beautiful zoo in the world! Count on spending at least a full day there.
- The Big Aquarium of Touraine
- The Mini-Chateaux Park. Discover the many castles of the Loire Valley in miniature size and experience a different point of view of their architectural marvel.
- The Prehistoric Museum
- The Museum of Magic Robert-Houdin. Let yourself be carried away by this magical universe and enjoy a breathtaking and surprising show!
- Natural Park of the Brenne
- City of Amboise
- Clos Lucé Park – Leonardo da Vinci. Take a stroll in the footsteps of the Great Leonardo da Vinci, visit the rooms in the manor where he spent the last years of his life, and discover some of his inventions there!
- The Golf course of Loches-Verneuil
- The Golf course of Val d’Indre
- Futuroscope – a futuristic amusement park